How to set Up Outlook to send and receive emails
- This page is provided to help our hosting customers set up their email client software.
- Leo Print Ltd does not provide support for 3rd party software such as Outlook and cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions contained on this page.
- If you are unsure of any of the instructions contained on this page we strongly recommend that you contact your system administrator or support desk for further advice.
- Detailed support for Outlook can be found at http://support.microsoft.com/
These instructions use screenshots from Outlook 2007 however the set up for earlier versions of Outlook and also other email clients follow the same basic steps although the layout and order of the screens may vary.
Before you start the set up you will need the following
- Your Email address
- Your email password
- Incoming mailserver
- Outgoing mailserver
All of the above will be supplied by Leo Print.
- Open Outlook
- Click on tools menu and select accounts settings
- 3.Click on the Email tab and click on the New... button.
- Next select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP and click Next.
- On the Auto Account Setup window check the Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next.
- Select Internet E-mail option and click Next.
- Complet the your name, email address, incoming server, outgoing server and password. Account type should be set to POP3. Then click on the more settings button
- Click on the outgoing server tab, put a tick against My outgoing server (Smtp) requires authentication, and then make sure Use the same settings as my incoming server is also selected. Then click OK
- Click on the test Accounts Settings.... to confirm the settings are correct. If the test is successful click on next
- Congratulations. You have finished the setup of your email account. Click Finish to close the setup wizard